Mechanical Design Department Overview
The Mechanical Design Department consists of Engineers, Designers, and Project Managers who specialize in developing new machines from conception through installation and maintenance. Areas where we offer a competitive advantage include:
• DFM (Design For Manufacturing) - Since our engineers and designers come from a machine build and service background, our designs are driven to reduce the cost of manufacturing while providing maximum uptime in production.
- • Concept Development, feasibility studies, rapid mockup ability and production phases can be used to develop the ultimate machine process derived from an innovative idea or defined need.
• It is our philosophy to work as a team where each member holds unique advantages that complement each other. We commonly bring in and manage sub-contractors to provide expertise in an unlimited number of areas as well as work for others offering our expertise to achieve the project objective. We do not claim to be all things to all people and will suggest alternative sources for areas we do not feel we provide the best value.
• Design Tools - ORT exclusively uses solid modeling for our designs. We have Unigraphics, SolidEdge and Solid Works parametric solid modeling programs. We also support AutoCAD 2D where applicable.
• Projects of interest may include automation of material handling, high speed assembly machines and manufacturing equipment.
ORT Engineering offers the unique ability of providing a professional engineer/design package comparable to the best machine design consultants plus the advantages of Design/Build, installation and maintenance services. We are a single source for your manufacturing solutions.